A year has passed since the life changing events of September 11, 2001. As much as we'd like to believe that things on the homefront are back to normal, they aren't  and probably never will be. We have not yet found the man responsible for these acts  so we are about to unleash revenge on the next best target for what could possibly be ulterior motives . Either way, war can never really be justified if we believe in love, truth and equality. Here's my take on what got us here.
Many weeks after the events of 9-11  a video clip was released depicting Osama Bin Laden and company rejoicing over a blessing from Allah . We were shocked and enraged to hear exactly why this was the case. As interpreted, their plan was meant only to destroy the uppermost floors of the Twin Towers. But as we know all too well, that's not what happened. Because of the massive amount of heat, aided by the fuel of full tanks, the foundations gave way, resulting in the collapse of what was once known as the World Trade Center.
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains. Deuteronomy 32:22
Note: In the Bible mountains often refer to governmental bodies. But a skyscraper, like a pyramid, can also be looked at as a man-made mountain. i.e. Twin Towers as Twin Peaks.
By all measures were the events of 9/11/01 utterly devestating. My prayers go out to all who have been directly or indirectly affected, which I imagine must be all, great and small, who walk the earth. By no means do I wish to undermine the pain and anguish through this writing, but wish to spark hope in those who may have found themselves lost or asking why. My only condolence is to offer my sincerest confidence that those who lost their lives have culminated their journey in the hands of The Lord, despite the terror and fear that must have endured.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:31
The tragedy that swept our nation is filled with heart wrenching stories and many tears. Even with the veil of dust and debris cleared, it is hard to get even the slightest glimpse of a silver lining. But if we wipe away the tears and clear the smoke of hindered vision we may at least begin to gain some understanding through the word of God.
- Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
- But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
The men and extremist movements behind these atrocities have already met persecution on the lips of many; the hand of judgement (reminiscent of Adam Smith's invisible hand doctrine ) has acted swiftly and mercilessly. It is easy to pass judgement when we are living "high and dry" in The Land of the Free, where the fight for freedom has given way to capitalism, causing an unsrcupilous drive to maximize profits instead of prophets. But if we take the time to look into the lifestyles and leadership of these countries it's not hard to see that all that exists for their people is poverty, war, suppression, and supremecy in the name of a Supreme Being (Allah). It is a place where the number one cause of death is by another's hand in the name of faith. Here, the number one causes of death are heart failure and obeisity  in the name of a self proclaimed freedom and moral relativity.
Intermingled between them all is the harsh reality of drug trafficking, oil, child labor , and other ungodly subjection for the purpose of monetary and material gain. Yet we choose to stand proud as we battle an "axis of evil", leaving a wake of death and destruction in our path, all under the slogan of "In God We Trust". I must admit I am extremely blessed to live in the United States, but I struggle to say that I am proud be an American. I can't help but imagine a future of "united we stood", just as the towers once did.
I refuse to go as far as to say that our Founding Fathers had conspiracy in their hearts when forming our Constitution . The only fault lay in the fact that they too, like us all, are only human. We are subject to our own egos and the excess baggage of our sins to weigh us down and subjugate us to a politically correct stance of unwaivering tolerance. My point is that none of us are as innocent as we'd like to believe, or lead others believe. It is time to stop passing blame and start accepting the burden of our own crosses. Then, and only then, will we begin to be truly free.
- And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
- He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
- He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
- He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
- And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
In other words, if living under their law, a Muslim will recieve Mohammed's reward . A man living under a righteous man's law (morally right; fair and just alone) will receive a righteous man's reward; monetary gain and freedom under man's law . Personally, I prefer the gift of eternal freedom in Heaven under the perfect judgement of the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ. Until then, I will do my best to love my neighboor as myself and petition to God through prayer and fasting. Thank you for bearing with me with an open mind and open heart on such an emotionally taxing topic. Peace be with you.
Other applicable passages related to foundations:
- Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
- And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
- In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
- In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
- According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
- For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
- Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
- Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
- If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
- If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
- Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
- A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
- And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
- Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
- He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
- But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Verses referenced in this study:
- Deuteronomy 32:22
- Matthew 10:38-42
- Luke 6:45-49
- Romans 15:20-21
- 1 Corinthians 3:9-16
- Ephesians 2:19-22
- Hebrews 10:31
Links referenced in this study: